RoHS Compliance for Omni-Q Products in Europe
The European directive for Restriction of Hazardous Substances 20002/95/EC identifies substance restrictions for products sold into the European Union.
RoHS compliance is an essential part of RADCOM's environmental policy, as stated below. All RADCOM products meet RoHS compliance with the following substance restrictions and exemptions identified by the directive:
- Restriction of cadmium of 0.01% by weight or 100 ppm in homogenous material
- Restriction of mercury of 0.1% by weight or 1000 ppm in homogenous material
- Restriction of hexavalent chromium of 0.1% by weight or 1000 ppm in homogenous material
- Restriction of PBB and PBDE of 0.1% by weight or 1000 ppm in homogenous material
- Exemption for the use of lead in solders for servers, storage and storage array systems, network infrastructure equipment for switching, signaling, and transmission, as well as network management for telecommunications
RADCOM's Environmental Policy
RADCOM is committed to protecting the environment, and conducts its operations in a manner that is environmentally responsible. To this end the company has implemented a comprehensive Environmental Management System (EMS) in compliance with ISO 14001.
To implement and further this policy, RADCOM will:
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Design its products and select the materials and processes in such a way as to reduce or eliminate hazardous material wherever possible and to minimize pollution and waste disposal.
- Eliminate, or reduce to the maximum practical extent, the release of contaminants into the environment.
- Conduct its operations in a manner that safeguards the natural environment and preserves natural resources.
- Encourage company employees at all levels to be good stewards of the environment by complying with applicable environmental requirements: preventing pollution; reducing waste; recycling; conserving energy, water, and other natural resources.
- Periodically review the company’s environmental performance and endeavor to demonstrate continuous improvement.